Saturday, July 11, 2009

going going gone!

Its been nice to have little things to sell on etsy. Been making little bits of money here and there. I always get excited when something sells.

Lately its been bunnies, bunnies and more bunnies, but yesterday someone loved my robot. :) Must do some more, as my store is looking pretty bare.

The only scary thing about selling online is calculating shipping costs. I thought my shipping was too high, and sold 2 mugs for shipping that basically cut out all the profits for them. Never will do that again. What I have set now, especially for the USA is on the dot. I am now using the scale at work for as long as I can (before I am laid off). It has helped a lot.

I am gonna be getting a scale for measuring soap ingredients, so it will work out quite well for shipping and soaping.

Oh soap, the next great summer adventure. I have read 2 books (skimmed one and read another cover to cover). Very informative books, lots of good ideas and tester recipes. I'm not attempting to do the melt and pour soaps, I feel that this is kinda a cop out because anyone can get a brick of glycerin and make a soap, but it will take some skill and guts to make real soap using lye and oils. I am very ready for this adventure. Slowly getting all my supplies in gear using my etsy money.

Other projects are also in the works, I like to do this all now in the summer. I am thinking if all works well, there will be crafts for Christmas presents.

kinda of off topic, but I am watching a cake competition on the food network and some idiot covered her cake in sugar, and then tried to make a Bacardi candle with sugar and the cake was set on fire. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment