Tuesday, January 12, 2010

finished soup and screen printing

I accomplished 2 goals today finally! I made weird veggie soup and it was pretty good. Evil to clean up though, being cheesy. I hate melted cheese dishes. Oh well, thats price I paid for making a veggie I hate into something I like. So first the screen printing cause its got the majority of the pictures:



That is my finished screen. I wanted to try something really simple to start and these little guys will make great valentines.

inked and ready to be squeegeed!


Ah first print! Not bad for my first one. So now to do cards...


After the clean up...yay redish pink rings around my tub. I really cant wait to try the photo emulsion screen printing as you can use way more detail and its just plain cooler than this way.


And now the soup. I had a baguette with garlic on it and that went really well with my soup. I think it shall be a good evening soup to take to school. In case you are wondering its recipe, I shall post it:

(from Jamie Olivers Food Revolution Book)

Ingredients:

-2 carrots
-2 celery stalks
-2 onions (I only used one cause I hate them)
-2 cloves of garlic
-8 cups cauliflower (I cup up a whole one for this)
-900 ml veggie or chicken stock
-8 oz cheese ( don't know how many cups this is, I used my trusty scale that I measure soap on to get it right, but it took up I think 2 - 3 cups ish).
-salt
-pepper
-1 tsp hot mustard (they call it english mustard...Jamie Oliver lol)
-2 tbsp olive oil

Peel cup up carrots, celery, onions and cauliflower into small pieces.
Peel slice garlic
Put broth in its own sauce pan to boil
Put all chopped veggies and garlic into a bigger pot with 2 tbsp olive oil
Let that cook for 10 min with a lid askew, stir every once and a while
Grate your cheese
Add boiling broth to your veggies and let that simmer for 10 min

Once its done, take the soup off the heat and add the cheese and mustard. I used my immersion blender to make it smooth, but a blender works too. Season with salt and pepper.

If you want to be all fancy, you can cook some back for a topping. I just used garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment