Sunday, March 07, 2010

relaxing birthday

I love birthdays that are relaxing. Im not a party type person really. When Tony woke up, he made me breakfast and then later on we went to the store to buy more eggs cause he didnt hear me say that we needed those for the cake.

The plan was for Tony to bake the cake (out of a box) and then decorate it with filling and icing that I made. I didnt trust him to make swiss buttercream icing and lemon curd.

So I told him that once I was done those 2 things, he could get baking and then decorate. I preheated the oven and it was strange that the light didnt go on right away, but it usually takes 20 seconds or so before it pops on. Well it never turned on. It was cold and dead.

We headed out in the pouring rain to Canadian Tire to get new fuses. Trust me when I say, it was the most Ghetto Canadian Tire we've ever been in. It felt like it was organized by people who run terrible dollar stores. The roof was leaking into a bucket on the floor and it was so small and tightly packed. Man, that was crazy.

So we tried the fuses and it did not work.

Such a bummer. Not only could we bake a cake, but then I had to forgo most of the food ideas for dinner, like baked potatoes with meat, or pizza breads. We still had meat and steamed veggies though.

Today of all days it decided to die. So Rollo ice cream was my birthday dessert. That was some good dessert.

Watched "the Blind Side" today with Tony. Very good, almost made me cry a couple times. Tony liked it too. The night before we watched "Sherlock Holmes". That one was more funny, more Tony's type of humor. I think he liked that one more.

These are my birthday flowers. He remembers that I love lillies and made sure to have them in my bouquet. They are going to pop soon and I cant wait. I love the smell of them, so much so that I bought a perfume that smells like lillies for my wedding. Its a strong one, but its so pretty.


There shall be a cake though, I will not have made all that awesome icing and filling for nothing!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment