Thursday, April 12, 2012

How does your garden grow?

Last year I didn't plant anything new, but then again, I was on bed rest. This year, we're going to teach Sadie how to grow things, but mostly she'll just learn to water the plants, especially the ones growing on the patio.

So far we've planted:

chives
dill
oregano
lemon thyme
basil
tomatoes
lettuce
lavender

We're working on getting a bunch more things planted, including onions, beets, carrots and broccoli.

This afternoons nap time was devoted to digging, picking rocks and weeding the old garden beds on one side of our yard. I'm thinking that one of them is not working out so well as its too close to a big bush with huge roots. We'll see. I'd rather not dig up more yard unless we have to.

My thirsty plants are getting rained on as I type, so I'm happy. I'll be sure to get more shots of what we've planted, and our seedlings.





Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment