Monday, July 06, 2009

Printing my own wrapping paper and things

A couple weeks ago I went down to the art supply store and found myself some linoleum blocks, ink, and a carving tool and went back in time to art 11. Oh what a fun time warp it was. I spent most of my Saturday carving my bunny out of linoleum.



Started out by using red permanent marker to draw my bunny, but as it turns out, it wasnt that permanent as I started getting ink all over my hands.


It was a lot of work doing that and it made tons of mess that the bird tried throwing off my desk.


Almost done, had to carefully carve out the middle parts of him and that's where things got a little crazy.



My art class had little wooden things that grippd the edge of the desk so that you didnt need to hold the linoleum while you carved. I didnt have that wonderful tool and so I was stuck using my hand. My stupid finger tips got in the way. Cut my middle finger twice, more like carved into it twice. Took 2 bandaids to keep it from bleeding through. It also didnt help that I was using that hand to keep my linoleum still and was pressing my bloody finger into it. There was blood on my art, but it was well worth it.

So now this is the almost final result. I originally made the carving to do business cards, but its too hard to make it as small as that, so this guy is for decorating wrapping paper, boxes and so on.



They are lots of fun to do, and I think that there will be more bunnies in different shapes and poses to come. I also want to do a robot as well, cause I love my robots.

On another note, my sister in law beth's budgie laid an egg. Shes had that bird for forever and we always thought it was a boy, guess we were wrong. That bird has been alive for a couple years now and this is its first egg! I am hoping that we can get our budgies together and have them make some babies! It would be so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment