Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Great Cake Adventure Part deux


We waited and waited (bird and I) for those cakes to pop out. I was very afraid that the blue cake would turn green or teal instead of vivid blue like I wanted. Silly bird kept flying into the kitchen to see what was going on and to sit on my shoulder and watch. Nothing like trying to ice a cake when a bird shrilly shrieks in your ear. That was the end of that, and he was sent off to his cage. He promptly flew back in and hung onto the cupboard doors to stay out of the way, but still be involved.


Vivid Blue! No green, no teal, nice and deep blue, I was so relieved.

(kinda reminds me of clown vomit)

After the cakes sat over night, I carved off the tops to make them flatter. I really suck at this part and my cakes still look funny afterward.


The icing I used was vanilla butter-cream icing. Its my favorite so far.


My lovely lump of cake and icing mess. I had fewer crumbs in my icing this time though, so happy.

TA DA! Coconut cake made from scratch. Right now it looks like a big coconut ball of mush. Let us see what happens when Tony comes home tonight to cut into it. ( I figured I'd post this now and post the last few pics of the eating later).

2 comments:

M.R. Tumnus said...

Yummy?

M.R. Tumnus said...

Sorry, I meant Yummy!, like it does look really yummy to me. Silly typo.

Post a Comment