Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Not necessarily in that order, but it defiantly described my day today, to a T!

So Lets do the good first cause that was the first part. Today was baby's ultrasound. This time I also drank too much water (again) but still was fine for the appointment. It was nothing like the last one where I drank so much that I swear my kidneys ached. Stupid me for picking the bigger cups. Stupid rules for making me wait 2 hours. I can barely wait 2 hours now on half the amout I had today.

So that wasn't bad, saw baby on the screen. Baby is a stubborn baby, much like its daddy. Ohhh I said "daddy". That's a little strange, but its a good strange. Baby is stubborn because it was facing away from the ultrasound lady's magic wand.

She got some good shots of its face, hand by its face, one foot and spine. As much as I love this baby, I am not afraid to say that the face shot looked like an alien. This just encourages my friend to keep calling it the "alien baby". It was really cute though, baby had its hand up to its cheek.

Suddenly, we all saw it jump! Yes, the ultrasound lady said it was jumping. To me, it looked like sideways leap frog, or that the baby was swimming (the swimming also creeps out my friend, but its ok, when she spawns, she will be ok with it, maybe). I am interested to know if this baby will be energetic like it is at the moment. I don't feel it too often, but felt it today in school.

So that was the good part, well awesome part for me. On to the rest...

Well, the rest kinda built up over a couple days. I had a presentation due today, petcha kutcha (or however you spell it, I don't care anymore). Its a presentation form of where you have a 20 slide presentation, and each slide is 20 seconds long. For days I have been struggling to fill up 20 slides with me talking. Timing it wasn't too bad, it was that I would go, edit things, make it sound better, but with every improvement, I would lose info and my slides would disappear.

It was all due today, or rather last night. I had a meltdown last night and bawled cause this thing is huge marks and I couldn't make my brain get it together. After crying last night, I was totally done and went to bed.

Worked on it today, got it finished with 10 minutes before I had to leave for school. Well, here is the ugly part: Mine and Tony's desks are kind of "L" shaped so that we are close to each other. I was using his laptop to read my presentation and have my desktop do the slide show. Things were great until I was about to do my last run with my newly finished slide show. I leaned over to use his mouse and my arm hit the huge cup of water that was on the corner of his desk.

....you can only guess what happened next

Tsunami hit the laptop, desk, floor, everything was soaked. And I had to leave for school in 10 minutes to do a presentation that I didn't want to do and was still wearing (now soaking wet) sweat pants and a painted on tank top.

Can you say PANIC??? Oh my goodness, that was the icing on the cake for me. Thankfully I had clean laundry sitting in the living room and there were towels. The computer turned itsefl off, (bad sign) just as I unplugged it from the wall. Upside down it went over a towel. Mopped off the desk, floor and then sat the computer on the towel on the couch.

I seriously contemplated not going to school at all. I called Tony who was really good about it all. I cried again. I threw on clothes and ran out the door.

Presentation went ok. Its blocked out of my mind now cause I am done and that's all the matters.

As incentive for coming to school, Kelsey said she brought me a treat to share with her. We didn't end up sharing as we were too busy before class to eat it, but I got to take home one of the little cakes that her store sells. She works at Thomas Haas in kits and they have amazing chocolates and cakes and pastries and coffee. This is the first time I got to taste this goodness.


Oh its light and fluffy and filled with raspberry awesomeness!

Defiantly some awesome incentive to use to come to class. I will need to get me some of these. I saved half for Tony cause I may have wrecked his laptop.


That was my day.

1 comment:

Aria said...

oh dear that is brutal even reading it/ hearing it again.
At least you got to eat cake?
looked nummy.

Post a Comment