Sunday, January 10, 2010

operation veggies

I went for Starbucks coffee yesterday with Larissa. I miss that girl! It was so nice to see her again. We are both avid lovers of the food channel and she had the great idea to try cooking a new vegetables. Like ones I've never tried. Not a bad challenge for me, I like being creative.

So that shall be my plan, cooking weird veggies. I wont be doing anything crazy strange, just a couple new ones like Kale, or parsnips or something.

I think my first plan is one of those 2. I really also want to try cooking butternut squash again. I attempted that once, and failed so bad, it sad. That will happen again, and in soup, but not yet.

I think Wednesday shall be my experimental vegetable day. Hopefully I keep this date with my mystery veggie and let you all know how it goes.

If you have any suggestions on cool veggies or recipes to try, let me know.


Evil Veggies for the WIN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try some romanesco. I had some from a food show a while back. It might be hard to find fresh, but I did see some in a frozen bag of cool looking veggies once. I think it was "europes best" or something like that. Romanesco is sort of like broccoli or cauliflower but not. Yummy,though.
Mom

Post a Comment