Saturday, February 13, 2010

You'd think that I'd be more relaxed with a 2 week break...

but the bird was getting to me today and I accidentally pushed him off the desk and he kinda fell on the floor in surprise. He fell of the end near the window and the wall so he couldn't really fly back from that. Stupid bird kept destroying everything in sight from my coaster to ipod cables and paper.

I'm making a small valentines cake today cause I don't feel like waiting for tomorrow. I want to relax tomorrow and Tony has to school, so we are celebrating valentines day today. Fancy dinner tonight and cake. Makes me happy.

Found out also why its so blasted hot in my apartment. The little knob that we have to lay of the floor to turn off the heat doesn't do anything. It turns but doesn't turn the heat off. Gotta get that fixed soon. Just another thing in this apartment that is dying.

So these are the cookies I did a second time with a smaller piping bag tip. Much better than my first batch. I am going to leave them as is, next time there shall be more details in them.


Cake layer # 1 is cooling and then # 2 goes into the oven

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your icing turned out wonderfully!
We should make spring sugar cookies this week!
Mom

Jennifer said...

cage that bird up so you don't have to deal with it.

eliminate sources of stress.
eat real food. not cake.

The bird will get used to being second or else it's going to peck your babies eyes out.

go get bach's flower rememdy for stress. health food stores have it.
don't make me mail you some.
get essential oil of lavender...also another gift I give to stressed out post partum friends but sounds like you need yours now, and sniff it all the time. Put some in your bath.
write in a journal.
get help.

Miranda said...

oh that bird was caged after that and its funny that you mentioned it,but I took a bubble bath and felt better. I have lavender oil somewhere and I will find it. I didn't know that it was good for stress, just thought it smelled pretty.

Post a Comment