Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goodbye tree


This used to be my pretty ficus tree. It had the coolest roots and pretty green leaves. Now its dead on my table and I have to throw it away. I noticed its leaves were turning brown, thought it got too much sun and so I watered it. I kept watering that sucker. One day I touched its root cause it looked weird, and my fingers squished into the bark. Bad sign.

We thought it would live if we stopped watering it and left it in the sun again. That didn't work out. Now hes waiting on the table to be chucked in the garbage.

I am sad about that tree cause I liked him. Well, all my other plants are doing ok. The basil is great producing more leaves for my food. The basil and the tree are separated just incase the basil sees the tree and drops dead.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

The saddest part of the whole thing is that I know it wasn't a call centre in India beacause it was a local Vancouver # to a Vancouver based company.

heidi said...

very pretty new template

Unknown said...

Plants are sensitive that way, you know, sympathetic to one another.

Aria said...

awww poor tree. ah well keep the pot and plant something new!

Post a Comment