Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy March!

Its March finally! I thought spring was close and then it had to snow. The snow is still on the ground and its just cold and icy.

Had my birthday at my parents place. My momma made me ham dinner and lemon cake with the rainbow icing that I love so much! It was the best birthday!
We played dutch blitz and watched 30 Rock, it was nice and relaxing.

So a couple days ago I was just about to pass the mailbox on my way up the stairs. I was avoiding the mail because I knew there were bills inside and I hate it when mail is just bills. I got it because I saw junk mail clogging it up and that makes me mad. So in my anger I wrenched open the little door and had the worst time trying to get the stupid free magazine unstuck. I almost didn't see the other mail (thinking it was just bills) but I saw something that said "Time sensitive". Intriguing!

From BCIT! I don't think my brain was functioning properly because my first thought was "FAILSAUCE! Its a Reject letter!" I went upstairs, threw away the magazine and opened my letter.

Second thought was "This letter is so full of crap, like maps to the campus...why" (later I wonder how brain should have clicked then).

ACCEPTED! WOOOOO! I was pretty shocked conscidering that my math was sub par and I made a portfolio in 2 and a half weeks.

So school starts September 27th and its for graphic design. I am taking classes in the evenings! They recommend that working full time is bad so I am praying for things to go well in September and that we can afford this all. I dislike the idea of working at mcdonalds so we shall see.

I think that I've been not eating enough veggies cause I have been craving them all week.
I hit up safeway and stocked up on all kinds of things, even avacado. Made a veggie cream cheese bagel sandwhich and made greek pasta salad. Feeling much better now...mmmm vitamins mmmmm antioxidants!

On another note, I think I am going to get a screen printing kit to make stationary and other things. Off to eBay to find me a cheap kit!

1 comment:

M.R. Tumnus said...

Congratulations on your acceptance to BCIT. How exciting is that - and in an area that you will for sure excel in. Good for you.

Post a Comment