Sunday, June 07, 2009

making other things


I've been feeling very crafty lately, been reading crafty blogs and getting super cool ideas. My most recent idea was for my patio. The little patio we have is small, has no lights and its got plants and things on it. I should clean it up, remove the dead tree and things. Once its clean, I will light it up.

I found an idea for those little baby lanterns for mini lights. They are like the ones you buy at the store, but you can sit there tediously and make them at home with paper mache and water balloons.

So that's the thing I am working on, but its taking time cause I am having stupid trouble with the water balloons. First, they are hard to blow up, and second, they arent the strongest and if they deflate while the stuff is trying , the lanterns look like withered old prunes instead, and I'm not hanging prunes.

I also found an awesome book for craft ideas, it was Marthas craft book a-z. So many neat things to try. I have made a list of things to do this summer while I am off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why not actually fill them with water? If you hang them from a clothesline by the knot they will all have the same shape too.

I am going to do this too once I get my own place again!

Aria said...

ha I was just thinking that James! Water might work. Keeps the shape.

Paint them pretty colours!!!

Post a Comment