Thursday, August 06, 2009

book reading and such

Recently I have been re reading the twilight series books. I really like them, and after seeing the movie I was intrigued to find out what the story was about. I hopped on the twilight train and borrowed Aria's set of books and devoured them. I tend to do that with all my books. So now, I had to get my own cause I needed to read them again (the new moon movie comes out in November)!

I never thought I would get into books about vampires. There are so many out there, but these ones hooked me.

Tony also recommended I read 1984. I never read that book in high school, instead I read Animal Farm, which was meh. Russian revolution was interesting, but this one is better.

I have a system that works well, I read a little of 1984 usually during the day, and then at night I read one of the twilight books. Books that are new to me keep me awake and I never get to sleep unless I read something I've read before. I did this as well with "the road", only my comfort books through that were the Harry Potter books.

I saw the new Harry Potter movie recently, and wasn't too happy with it. It was good, as good as expected, but the book was another favorite of mine and there were added scenes and things I didn't see that I wanted to in the books.

So that is all for now, I am off to find more classic books that should be read. I might re read the Chrysalids or find Lord of the Flies at a second hand book store.

No comments:

Post a Comment