Tuesday, September 01, 2009

hiking

Yes I went hiking today. Its been such a long time since I last went. The last hike I did was lindeman lake / greendrop lake and I was way out of shape and it was brutal. That hike took forever and there was a rock slide to climb over and I was huffing and puffing all the way up. I was way behind everyone else on that one and was just slowing everyone down. That sucks. Never again for that one.

Today I went with Coley to Lynn Loop. She warned me that only the first 5 minutes were bad, the rest was pretty easy. She was totally right. I didn't bring my camera which was stupid, but next time it will be there for photographic evidence.

While up in the forrest we were going up the trail which mostly seemed to be just tree roots and rocks. Got lost up there, and we accidentally took another trail back down instead of doing the whole loop. We combined the trails and did double the distance which was 8.6 km. I am pretty proud of myself. We are almost definatly set to do a hike next week and this is exciting. I so miss hiking. I am a little afraid to do the grouse grind. The word "Grind" is in the title, so it doesn't entice me to do it right yet.

My knees and legs hurt lots and I've been taking the pain killers a lot after getting home. Even a hot bath didn't help :P Stretching out on the couch watcing Iron Chef helps :)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I used to do Lynn Loop with gabriel in a backpack, when we lived there. It's great!

Post a Comment