Thursday, November 19, 2009

sick bird :(

The bird is sick :( He's been very quiet all morning which is his usual time to be super happy and energetic. Hes not flying around a lot and sits in the cage by the cuttle bone. Tony noticed him straining and fluffing up but not pooping. He did a small poop but had to shake his tail to get it going. poor thing.

So unusual for the bird who is a little poop machine. I am gonna watch him today and if things don't get better I might be taking him to the Night Owl Bird Hospital. For a tiny budgie it seems a little much, but Tony would be crushed if this bird died. I was looking up things about constipated budgies and all I could find is to feed them veggies (which our bird wont touch) or put a tiny amount of apple cider vinegar in his water. I am a little too nervous about doing that as I don't want to be the one to kill the bird.

Oh bird, why couldn't you get sick after payday. We are both worried about him. Budgies hide their sickness as a natural instinct so that they dont seem weak in their flock. Well once they show signs of sickness they are usually very sick. We both know this.

:( :( :( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment