Friday, December 04, 2009

baking snowflakes!


Before I get on to the baking, I noticed that the ratio of rootbeer flavored bottle caps to the others is considerably smaller and I do not appreciate that. My favourite flavor has like nothing compared to the cherry. I hate the cherry ones. They were bought for the purpose of doing homework, and they've made homework sad again.

On to happier things!


Tested out my cookie cutters from last years presents. I love snowflakes and my momma found a really nice set of them.


I made myself a little guy to see what he'd turn out like... TOO SMALL, BEHEADED!


The cutters come with a small diamond shape guy to cute holes out of your big cookies. I failed at this by doing it on the counter and then trying to use the flipper to move them. After mangling many cookies, I figured out to to that detailed work on the sheet pan. Much easier.


I need to make more as we ate a bunch and I brought some to school to share. They had icing on them, but those were pretty ugly and I would rather use a piping bag instead of ziplock bags with holes in them. Also need to use royal icing or something that wont smush.

2 comments:

heidi said...

beautiful!! to make "firmer" icing, just add more icing sugar to your soft butter/warm milk/vanilla until its the way you like it. i never have the patience to use a piping bag, though i have a nice one. i just use a butter knife and dollop it on and they barely last long enough in our house to notice their ugliness anyway! but i think if i had pretty cookie cutters like yours, i think i may be tempted to use the piping bag :)

Anonymous said...

I love the cookies! You could just dust them with icing sugar and make them look snowy but I think the real icing would make them taste better.
I too, love the rootbeer bottle caps. Very sad. Better luck with your next package.
Love momma.

Post a Comment