Thursday, January 28, 2010

Because I love valentines day...


I really do love Valentines day. My momma always gave us valentines and treats and sometimes made fancy dinner. Tony isn't so much into valentines day, but he knows that its important to me. I do have to remind him about it though...

So I made sugar cookies a couple days ago. They are awesome. I also made royal icing for the first time, using meringue powder instead of raw egg whites. The icing turned out really well, however, my piping bag sucks as its a dollar store variety. I really want a finer tip for it, and kinda just want a better one. I should practice piping more, but I know I can get it if the stupid tip didn't make things big and chunky.

(these are "pity cookies" for Aria)

Oh, and last night and this morning I've been having fun watching the baby kicking. If I lay still for a while or sit still, baby wakes up and moves. It looks like twitching, but doesn't feel like it because its one movement here and then it moves to another spot and does it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cookies!!
Dad had to learn about Valentines day too.
Mom

Post a Comment