Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The cake Tony baked

Ta da! hmmm....not so appealing if you are looking at it like this. I knew what went into it because I made the filling and icing. It would be ok to eat.



I guess its my fault that it looks this terrible. I tried a different type of icing that was different that my normal one that I make. This one was swiss lemon butter cream, and it involved cooking it over the stove and took more effort than my other one.


The innards have lemon curd in the middle. I love lemon curd. I also love that he makes cake with one layer significantly bigger than the other. He did good, it tasted good. I've only had one piece. I'm not huge on eating lots of cake. I wonder if I can freeze this stuff.


I was in the living room and Tony was at the kitchen table making my card. I heard an "Oh shoot, gonna need another card". Then a "never mind, its fine". I could only imagine what he did, but this is what happened.


I love his bird drawings cause its the only thing he knows how to draw well (he says). I love the little person with the flower too, and that he choose green. Its his favourite colour.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Awww! Cute :D

Post a Comment