Tuesday, April 13, 2010

doesnt need starbucks anymore (at least for now)


I have been craving the black tea lemonade from Starbucks a lot. Its perfect for me right now, its nice and icy cold, I can chew the ice at the end, and I love black tea. Caffeine is my enemy though, and I have decided not to drink it at all now.

Well, for this tea drinker, its been hard to avoid all my pretty special black teas that sit in the cupboard, but I am surviving on no name brand decaf tea.

In the past I have made my own iced tea, and it didnt turn out that great. I either steeped it too long or not enough and then it was either too lemony. I think I got it how I like it.

I steeped 4 of my decaf tea bags in 6 cups of boiling water for 5 minutes. Let it all cool down in the fridge. Then cause I hate unsweetened iced tea, I boiled equal parts sugar and water for 2 min until it was a syrup (its now in a jar in my fridge). Added a few lemon slices and ice and my tea, and then a little splash of syrup and its done.  I love this cup, it keeps things all cold and has no condensation on the outside. I bought it last year when I became kinda addicted to the black tea lemonades.

So I am going to try my best not to do Starbucks this summer at all, and stick with this mix of awesomeness.  So far I am on my second cup of this.

Probably not smart to drink too much more of this, especially when a baby sits on your bladder. Speaking of baby, baby seems to have moved far down. It seems to hit all my nerves, especially when I get up or sit down. I have a bag that is packed now with some things, and we have been keeping our phones charged. I have to charge the camera battery and keep the camera in the spot with the bag just in case.

2 comments:

larissa bree said...

good idea!! I am going to try this!

Miranda said...

It shall save much money, and that is good. The syrup was half cup sugar and half cup water boiled. I put it in my cup of tea depending on how sweet I want it. It made enough for half a small jam jar.

Post a Comment