Thursday, April 08, 2010

working too hard

I woke up without a Tony in bed beside me. We talked a bit last night and I figured he would be at school all night. This happens a bit, the end of this project is near. I am so thankful for that. I called him this morning to see how things were going. He is the leader of his group, they have to build a tank that can maneuver obstacles and is directed by signals from flexed muscles. This is why he comes home with sticky electrodes on his arms.

So I called him this morning when I woke up to see how things were going. The answer was not good. He explained that nothing was working today even though they've had it working before. Poor guy was super tired from staying up all day and night and frustrated that nothing worked and that everything was due tomorrow.

I felt helpless, but he did remind me that he could use some food and coffee. I cant use my brain for engineering like this, but I can engineer him some food. I packed up sandwiches, granola bars, fruit and coffee along with candy for his group mates and lugged it all to UBC.

This is what I found in their lab when I got there:


Apparently 2 litres of pop is required for their project...well, obstacles anyways. Yay for being practical and getting 2 uses out of one item.


This was taped to the floor. Lack of sleep and anger will do this to boys.


This was done by another group. Everyone is stressed obviously. I saw some poor guy sleeping at a desk. He looked like he had as much sleep as everyone else in the lab.



Hello sleepy husband. He and his friend (I think his name is Arthur) were working on a tiny piece of circuitry. Notice the mess of crap everywhere. I don't know if I could work like that, but apparently most of them do. Surrounded by wires, capacitors and computers.



Hes looking like hes about ready to fall asleep. I warned him that his brain would stop braining if he did not get a couple hours of sleep. He needs his brain for tomorrows final thing. There is a better picture of their tank on his phone or somewhere.

While I was there, I watched them work for a bit. The 2 of them got the tiny piece of circuit to work (for now). I've been praying for them and their project ever since I talked to him this morning. We went to get him some better coffee from Starbucks and we talked a bit. He was so out of it. Poor guy. One more day, and then you are done this silly thing. Oh I hope it goes well tomorrow for him. I have to bring him some clothes and a toothbrush tonight as he will be there all night again...I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment