Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas Ornament #7 Yarn Ball


I had an abundant amount of Styrofoam balls lying around and many scraps of yarn and felt, so I decided to make ornaments with them.

I used:

  • Styrofoam balls
  • Green and Red felt
  • Red and White yarn
  • Hot Glue
  • Ribbon
Wrapped the ball with my yarn bits (ran out of red, so used white on top) and then cut out my holly. Hot glued the bits together and TA DA! Ornament for the tree.

I will be making a lot of these I think. I have a giant bag of bits of yarn from the thrift store and I had to use it.

Speaking of thrift stores, I will post my latest finds from Value Village later.

3 comments:

Hello Little Deer said...

so cute & crafty!

Nicole said...

I saw something similar to this earlier today on another blog.. but they said to wrap yarn into a ball.. which I thought was a waste of yarn! I like your idea better!

Miranda said...

It would be a waste of yarn, especially when you can get styrafoam balls from the dollar store in pack of like 9.

Post a Comment