Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rainy Day + Roasted Red Pepper Soup

I was browsing my favourite blogs yesterday and found a recipe for something I've always wanted to try. I've always always ALWAYS wanted to make roasted red pepper soup. This one has sweet potato in it, but thats cool cause its good for me.

Found on the Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog, I followed the recipe and it was amazing. I made it spicy by adding a few chili flakes to it. You can totally make it vegan too, just substitute veggie stock and minus the sour cream on top. I had mine with chicken stock cause that was what was sitting in the fridge.

While the soup was simmering, I was reading some more and saw that Bleubird Vintage made cornbread. I've never made cornbread, but it sounded awesome in my brain, so off I went to find a recipe for that as well. I probably should have made it in our skillet, but I decided I wanted mini loafs of cornbread instead. I broke in my new mini loaf pan from Aria, and the cornbreads turned out awesome. I think I will try eating them with a little syrup or honey and butter.

Its raining today. I walked Tony to the bus and then Sadie and I were headed to the store. Well, I went to cash a check and I forgot my debit card. We got home wet and without anything accomplished. Total bummer. So I sent her for a nap and put in some laundry. I think I'm gonna stay inside until Tony gets back. Oh, and another bummer....when we got home, Sadie lost one of her pretty trumpette socks, a purple one. :( sad sad times, I love those socks. I know socks go missing often, but it was sad cause it was such a cute one. Why couldn't it have been one of the old fuzzy ones? BAH!

---Update, Tony found the sock right at the bus stop. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment