Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the trials and tribulations of sewing...

The last time I sewed really was when I was in eighth grade. Ah home ec. I was terrified of the sewing machine. I was afraid I'd be the only one to break it. My projects were terrible looking. I didn't keep any of them.

So fast forward to today. This year the crafty gal in me decided to give sewing another chance. I'd been reading blogs about crafts and sewing and all the really neat things you can make. I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas, and one appeared under the tree for me.

It was beautiful and terrifying all at once. I realized that I forgot how to operate a sewing machine, and then what happens if I break it? It sat in the box a while and when I unpacked it, it called to me. "MIRANDA, USE ME!" "MAKE PRETTY THINGS WITH ME"

and I ignored it.


Until Coley came over. She got me started. We practiced threading the machine (which I am still terrible at, so I dread changing colours) and I got a bobbin filled. That part is fun.

So now I'm sewing. I made a gift bag on my own. Its terrible. It took 3 attempts before it worked out. I should remember to read directions all the way through--cause when you don't, its just bad news.

This is the end result:




Crappy camera phone pictures for now, but if I used the good camera, it would show all my terrible mistakes :) I am going to do this one again, and practice.

1 comment:

larissa bree said...

it looks sooooo gooddd!!!!

Post a Comment