Saturday, July 30, 2011

Since when was sleeping optional Sadie?

Its currently 3:11 am, and Sadie is not sleeping. We are all NOT sleeping. This has happened for 2 nights in a row now.

Last night, she went to bed an hour later than she should have. Usually its not a huge deal, we just wake up earlier because of it. Well.....no.You see, she woke up at her usual 1:30 time, for a bottle. I'm ok with that. Then she went to bed, and woke up at 2:30, then 4, then 5...and as you can see, it just got worse. I ended up taking her out of our room at 6:30 am as she was crying so loud, and Tony had to work that day. Maybe part of the issue was a few mornings ago, I didnt feel like giving her a bottle, so I gave it to her and she took it herself in her crib. I think now she just wants a bottle every time she slightly wakes up. I'm not game for that.

So at 1:30 this morning, I got her a bottle, she got quite upset that she couldnt hold it, so I let her. Then she didnt drink that much, and went to bed. Then she woke up again at 2:30. I gave her the rest of her bottle, and she then decided that sleeping was not for her. She wasnt all "happy lets play" she was more like "im miserable, and I want to cry". I tried rocking her, rubbing her head, soother, then remembered that I felt a sharp tooth in her mouth the other day. So we did tylenol and orajel. Well, it hasnt helped, or its not her teeth.

I dont know anymore. She had crappy naps today, and one crappy nap yesterday. I'm used to her napping in the morning for 2 to 2.5 hours and then a 2 hour one in the afternoon, and yesterday she did a 1 hour nap, and today same thing. Maybe its her sleep schedule that is changing, but its all getting her all out of wack, and driving us crazy. 

Tony and I finally felt like we'd try letting her cry until she went to sleep. Ya, lets see about how thats going to work when you have to share a room with her. We really need to move to a 2 bedroom apartment...SOON, cause I can't deal with crying for that long, or with the lack of sleep. We would all sleep better in seperate rooms.

There was much crying, pleading, and tears this morning, but now, after an exhausted cuddle, shes sleeping.

That better not jinx it...

I'm going to bed, its 3:35 am and hopefully this makes sense given the fact that I'm hitting a blurry publish button.

So if any of you have tricks to getting toddlers to sleep at night, please let me know. Keep in mind, we all share a room, and its not going to change until we move in the fall :(


Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment