Friday, August 19, 2011

New Toy - Fail

Months ago, I found this little fisher price popper toy at the thrift store for a dollar. It was probably there for a dollar because some parent didn't want to be tortured by its noise anymore.
I didn't mind the noise, so I bought it for when she started walking. I figured she'd love it.
Boy, was I wrong. Apparently a new toy after a nap is no fun, no fun at all. She loved it when I pushed it on the floor, but when I let her try, she would pick up the entire thing and run with it, and then when it didnt pop, she would get very frustrated and bawl. I showed her how its done, but each time I tried to get her to push the handle, she would pick it up by the base, and run towards me crying, and then drop it near me. I would push it, she would smile.

We've even left it a couple days just lying around, and she will bring it to me, but never push it herself. Sigh. I guess this one will take some time getting used to.




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, it's sad how she didn't catch on right away but that face she's making is just adorable haha :]
I agree though, those things make the WORST noise!

Samantha
http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

Miranda said...

She was so mad at me in that picture because I wouldn't push the toy for her, and I was taking pictures of her. Poor gal.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

i totally had one of those and i loved it but i think i loved it when i was maybe around 3? I just loved the pop sounds.

Siobhan said...

Congratulations Miranda on your impending arrival! How old is Sadie now? I have a little girl who is 2 years 9 months and a little boy 8 months. Their birthdays are 3 weeks apart. It's an amazing experience having two young ones at home. I'm glad I found your blog, hope baby arrives safely, lots of baby dust to you! x

Post a Comment