Wednesday, January 11, 2012

update on the sleeping thing

Lucas' sleeping habbits have gotten a little better. He doesnt stay up for an hour randomly in the wee hours of the morning. He does, however, hate any soother like device that I try and trick him with when I am too tired of being a human soother. Somehow I've got to fix that bad habit. Its really tough to get bad habits when the screaming and crying wakes the other sibling up.

Sadie still is in the habit of wanting a bottle at night. I'm really wanting her to quit, but I don't want to deal with the consequences of it all. She even got into the habit of having one at naptime, but I've been taking that away. As she is almost 2, she screams like a banshee when she doesn't get it. The screaming is deafening, and doesnt stop until shes exhausted. Maybe I'll just take a week to go through sleepless hell and take the bottle away. Ugh, I dread it.

Lucas still gets bad gas. Bad enough to wake him up and get him all upset. I'm buying ovol drops asap to see if that helps.

I wish the magic sleep fairy would make my children sleep 8 hours straight. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Ahh wishful thinking.

Oh, and any tricks on getting a toddler to stop screaming bloody murder would be much appreciated.




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

1 comment:

heidi said...

if you ever get ahold of that magic sleep fairy, send her my way too, would you?

((hugs))

i do know how you feel. last night, ava was up 4 times, sam was up 3 times (ear infection) and tristan was up once cuz he wet his bed. these are the kinds of days when even my "happy blue pills" can't erase the overwhelming urge to lay in bed all day.

Post a Comment