Wednesday, March 14, 2012

apple cinnamon oatmeal

Remember eating instant oatmeal? The stuff from the little packets with the dried bits of fruit in them? Yep, I loved the stuff. Over time though, I realized that its probably better to cook the real stuff. The stuff that takes 8-10 minutes.

I've always been an oatmeal lover. My momma told me that as a baby I'd eat huge bowls of it. Well, I just made my oatmeal a little better than the boring brown sugar stuff.

I found a bag of apples that were almost dead and decided to make my own apple cinnamon oatmeal.

You'll need:

oatmeal cooked and ready to go- I love rogers porridge oats

1 apple peeled and sliced
1-2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Saute the apples in butter, then add the sugar, cinnamon and salt. I put my ooey gooey topping on my oatmeal and it made my day.







Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment