Tuesday, March 13, 2012

murmur

Yesterday was quite the day, wind storm, rain, all kinds of stuff. I got to brave it all with the kids as we made the trek to Vancouver for Lucas's 6 month checkup.

The kids were so good. Normally car trips = whining and crying from Sadie. I figured out the key is many many snacks and music. Whining happens less when shes got her mouth full of animal crackers or peanut butter sandwiches. I was surprised at how good they both were. No crying, hardly any whining, and this makes for a happy Miranda. So about the appointment. He's in the 90th percentile for height, and 50th for weight. Hes currently 16lb 8oz and 71 cm long. Hes my long boy. He even charmed the doctor with his cutesy smile.

So after she listened to his heart and lungs, she measured his head, and then went back to listen to his heart. I kinda knew at this point that something wasn't quite right. Turns out he may have a heart murmur, a flow murmur she thinks. He's been referred to a pediatrician at surrey memorial hospital to have it checked out. I found out after the appointment (hooray for doctor rating sites) that the doctor there has a reputation for being arrogant and kind of rude....oh joy. Please pray that we don't have issues with this doctor, and that we find out what's going on with my little guys heart. I know that heart murmurs can be no big deal, so thats what I'm hoping for.




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment