Thursday, April 26, 2012

recipe: white iced tea with raspberry

 Lately I've been craving iced tea, but I was getting bored of just plain ol iced black tea. I must have a dozen different kinds of tea in the cupboard, so it was time to experiment. This is what I came up with, and it was delicious!
I steeped 4 Lipton Asian White tea bags in 8 cups of hot water for 4 minutes.
While that was steeping, I made a simple syrup by boiling 1/2 cup a sugar in a 1/2 cup water until it was combined.
Then removed the tea bags and added my syrup until I got it how I liked it. Added a bunch of frozen raspberries and when those thawed, it made it nice and tart. Very good stuff.

I packed this stuff outside on our picnic in the yard and it was wonderful.

Speaking of tea, I went to David's Tea finally and I fell in love. I came back with 6 different teas and a mug...I'll share more on that later though :)






Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment