Monday, June 18, 2012

On driving


So, you may not know this about me, but I am 27 years old, and have only every driven a car twice. Yes, twice in my life. This last year I got my learners license. As a 16 year old, I had no desire to drive a car, and thinking about it scared me. To this day, some of my worst dreams are of me getting behind a wheel of a vehicle and trying to drive.

Yep, thats me, the one afraid of driving.

 I don't think I trust myself to drive. There's always that self doubt in the back of my head telling me "You'll be a horrible driver, you never pay enough attention." It takes away any confidence in my abilities to drive. So I'm working on it.

I've been doing the Soul Detox devotional in my online bible, and its been really making me think. It talked a lot about fear the last couple days. I've been letting fear always stop me from going out there and learning to drive.

Well, I'm resolved to get back to practicing my driving. I'll be praying a lot before I start though. I won't be scared away from something that millions of people do every day.

Wish me luck, I need to drive. I need to get out on my own, and do stuff without relying on others.


Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

girl you got it! practice practice practice! just say a prayer every time you get behind the wheel, you'll be fine!

Post a Comment