Tuesday, June 18, 2013

sprechen sie deutsch?

Tony is being sent to Berlin for a work conference in July. Hes doing a presentation on the computer program he's been working on. This program sequences cancer genomes and such. So since his work is paying for him to go, I could go if I bought my own ticket (and spending money).

I am GOING!

We had some money saved and were given some as a present, so my ticket is paid for and I have spending money. It happened right in the perfect season for us. Mikaela will be the prime babysitter while we're away. She's done school and can take the time off. So we're shipping the kids off to Nana and Papa's house for the week, and then we're taking off.

Even though Tony will be working most of the trip, we are determined to enjoy our time together. I am going to sight see and shop, and he will join me later after work and we are going to hang out. I get to scope out all the good stuff to show him.

I am beyond excited. I've always thought that going across seas would be a thing that happened later in life. So glad I have a valid passport. Very thankful that I get to tag along.

I've got a list of places I want to see in Berlin, but if you have any suggestions, let me know.

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Sooo exciting! Have fun!! I can't wait to hear about it!
My sis in law is a travel agent and she sent me these links about Berlin...
For a day trip http://wikitravel.org/en/Spreewald
and she said Bike Tours are a great way to see the city and something to do if you are alone alot as you are with a group! http://fattirebiketours.com/berlin

Post a Comment