Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Budgie!

We went shopping today, didnt buy anything, just got some ideas.
Walking around, just looking, and then all of a sudden, Tony is like an unstopable force. He bee lined it right for the pet store. While most children and adults were checking out the puppies and kittens (which were brought in for Christmas, it kinda disgusts me how they do that, but whatever...)Tony went right to the back of the store where the birds were. There is only one kind of bird he likes, the common budgie. I have asked him why he likes just those, and not the pretty coloured cute finches or other birds. He told me that he cannot train a finch, however apparently you can train a budgie (I am not sure what you can get it to do, but its trainable). There was only one budgie left. I went and checked out tbe puppies instead, but man, my husband could watch those birds - rather bird, all day. We left the pet store because it was getting a little too crowded for me, and when we were leaving, Tony whispered to me "That bird needs me, he is lonely all by himself. He looked so cuddly and puffy." He was beaming, he was so happy to see the bird. From that moment on, Tony spent the rest of the trip home trying to convince me to let him have a bird. He kept thinking about the bird, and when he did, he giggled, he giggled so hard, he had tears in his eyes.
Its hard to say no to getting a bird when you see his reaction to watching pigeons on the street, or when he hears the neighbours birds next door.
I dont know though. He had a budgie before, and they smell, and squawk, and poop on things. Sitting on the fence as to whether or not I really want one in my house.....hmmmm.

Well, for now I shall post my favourite budgie picture and another bird one that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment