Tuesday, October 20, 2009

chocolate chip banana bread with flax seed


Rainy days make for good baking days. Yesterday I found some really cute mini loaf pans on sale and grabbed those as well as some Christmas cookie cutters. I felt guilt today because I buy bananas cause they are good for us and then I never eat them. Sometimes I'll throw one in a smoothie, but I forget about them sitting there on the counter.

At least my guilt is gone as I have used all the bananas in my bread. Very easy recipe that my sister gave me when I moved out to Vancouver. Half way through the recipe I could hear my mothers voice "My grandchild will thank you for all the brain cells you give it when you eat things like flax seeds". We were with her at Costco when they were handing out samples with yogurt. She told me that its super good stuff (I already knew that), so Tony grabbed a big bag of it. I didn't like its grit when using it in yogurt, but I figured I could hide it it other things.

Hidden in the bread I couldn't taste it, so that is a bonus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your little banana breads look sooo good.
Love mom

Post a Comment