Sunday, October 04, 2009

to clear up some confusion...

I've been telling people that I am going to BCIT cause its a little easier to explain. I tell them I am taking courses for graphic design. The confusing part is that my program is partnered with Emily Carr so I am also taking classes there. Its a nice mix of technical stuff at BCIT and art stuff at Emily Carr. I haven't ever been to Emily Carr before this week, so I took a trip to Granville Island before my first day and it wasn't too hard to find, yay!

So at BCIT I am learning how to use a mac more effectively for my graphic design stuff, which is awesome cause I know that even though I own a mac, I need to better my skills with it. I was using PCs almost exclusively before that (except elementary school lol). Also learning the programs like InDesign which is proving to be quite the challenge (well mostly the first class, but hopefully it gets better).

So its been fun, I've loved buying new art supplies. New paintbrushes are my favourites so far, as well as the new sketch book.

Its really nice outside, so I think a walk to Starbucks for something decaffeinated is in order. I miss Timmy hos so much. If they had one near my house, I think this Starbucks thing would stop.

Tony is feeling a little down about not being in school yet, I feel bad for him too, cause I know he would love to be back again.

I also totally forgot that thanksgiving is next weekend, and I am thinking about making a smallish turkey. I love turkey soup and left overs and without making my own turkey, I don't get that awesome stuff.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My mom has a bachelor of fine arts from Emily Carr.

Miranda said...

that is so cool! I would love to do fine arts there too.

Post a Comment