Friday, November 06, 2009

should never run with scissors (or be around sharp objects)

I've done it again! I had a great idea for Christmas crafty things and it involved the use of my carving tool and linoleum. I know that you aren't supposed to cut towards yourself. I've made the mistake of cutting my finger before with the same tool and it smarts. Well...it happened again.

I don't think my brain was on, or had even remembered the last time, but I was doing my thing and wanted to get a small piece out of the way, and had to hold the linoleum very still to make it a straight cut. With much force to make a clean cut, I slipped and nailed my middle finger (literally hit the nail so that's where the cut stopped, just under the nail). Oh my goodness that smarted! My brain remembered to hold my cut above my heart (I had it above my head to avoid seeing the blood). Oh the pain! The cut is curved like a "U" shape that scoops my skin under the nail kinda. I don't want to take off the band-aid to take a picture of it cause it was gross looking.

I almost thought I would need stitches, or that they would just pull that skin off. Neither of those appealed to me, so the bleeding stopped and on went 2-3 band-aids for maximum protection.

It takes twice as long to type now and hurts when I use that finger. This is what I was doing when my finger got sliced:



On another note, Tony came home and I got a picture of him, he had others, but this was the best one.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

But sometimes it's just faster to cut towards yourself...
It seems like you go this block printing thing down to pat, way to go (besides bloodletting of course)!

Post a Comment