Saturday, March 20, 2010

2 page magazine spread, onsies and belly buttons


This is the 2 page magazine spread that I made for my layout class. Its the article for the cover of the magazine that I made before. I am liking this way more than the cover I made and am thinking about re vamping some of the cover. I'd like to hear what my teacher has to say about the cover, but we don't have time to go over them all in class. I also am away for the last class so I wont find out what he has to say unless they critique them in class and do mine even though I'm gone. I wouldn't mind that at all. That way I am kind of spared the wrath that could befall me if I go and its terrible. School is almost over. I have a ton of work to finish. I have a huge brochure/poster that I am going to work on tomorrow along with my other posters. So many posters due all at once...yuck. The brochure will frustrate me the most, it involves folding and 22 x17 inch paper with both sides being printed.

In other news, my parents were my visitors last night. I miss my family in Chilliwack so much, so I was so happy to see them. They came with a boxes of newborn and size 1 diapers that were donated by a friend as well as baby clothes and my birthday present! Baby has more newborn onsies which are so tiny and cute. It makes me sad to think of how fast she might grow out of them. :( The yellow and green onsies are from my parents and the pink and white ones were from Larissa.  The pink ones have bigger sizes so she can wear pink all the time. I have read though that people still confuse genders of babies regardless of if they are wearing pink or blue. In my opinion, I guess if you are colour blind you have an excuse.

When I am off for a month in April I am going to organize the clothes that we have so far and get them all ready. I will also get to make crafts and do things for me a bit because my birthday present from my parents was a Michaels gift card! YAY Crafts in April. Maybe I will find birth announcement ideas for baby there and some things to make them pretty and then other crafty things. OHHHH time to break out my Martha Stewart huge book of crafts. Oh that woman has some good ideas (expensive sometimes though). I wish I could go through it and try it all.

Prental class is this coming this Saturday. Tony and I are ready to go for an all day deal. It starts early in the morning, like 8:30. I am betting Tony will not get a lot of sleep as he also has school projects and things to do. Poor boy. He works so hard. This prenatal class should be interesting with him. We were given a sheet for us both to fill out things like
"what do you think labour is like?". Each of us has to answer. He asked me if he could answer it with a funny response. Um no. Not this time dear. Cause I said so.

He also is monitoring the progression of my belly button from being an innie to an outtie. Its still an innie and I hope it stays that way. Hes betting its going to pop out soon. I am afraid, its quite shallow now, but still looks like a belly button. More braxton hicks contractions, happening quite frequently on the bus or at school. Alanna felt it and was weirded out by it a bit. Kelsey seems afraid of it. I chased her around sticking my belly out and she flipped out a bit. That was entertaining.

Time to sleep soon, I am so tired today.

No comments:

Post a Comment