Sunday, March 14, 2010

apple berry crisp (and then some)

Today was my "empty-half-used-baggies-from-my-freezer" day. I found many half full and quarter full baggies of berries. These are the berries that you forget about that grow like an inch of ice crystals around them and you can barely tell what they are. I had apples and decided to make crisp.

I made this by myself a long time ago and it did not turn out well, it turned out dry and icky. Well this was much better.

Emptied all baggies of berries into a bowl in the sick to get the ice off and then did all my apples up and made the crumbly crumbly crust. While it was baking in the oven, I realized that its best with ice cream. I had less than 20 minutes and boogied to the Safeway in the rain (3 minute walk). Made it home with time to spare!


Tony was quite pleased with this desert, and was telling his best friend Ian all about how awesome it was. This made me very happy since its been a crappy day.

Its been very crappy for us both. He's been super busy with projects at school and it makes him stressed and grumpy. He stays up really late at school and comes home at like 1 or 2 am. Lack of sleep doesn't help him. He is fueled by coffee it seems.

I get all grumpy cause I am at home doing school work alone or at school and so we hardly see each other. Today has been the most I've seen him. He even goes into school on Saturdays to try and get things done.  I think its cause hes super stressed about being the group leader. He's never been the leader before for a project of this magnitude. They are making a robotic tank that you can steer by flexing your muscles.  Haven't seen it yet, but next week I think they are testing it, so I shall go down to UBC and take pictures of this crazy device.

Since Tony has been away from home a lot, the bird has been clinging to me way more. We usually do the dishes and have a shower together when I wake up. Bird sits on the shower head and gets all excited about the steam. The bird usually licks the tiles that have condensation on them. funny bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment