Tuesday, May 11, 2010

held prisoner for a while


I am a prisoner of being in my room or laying on the couch until this baby is out. Yes, it is bedrest. Its because of high blood pressure that only goes away when I am resting. It was pretty high at the hospital when I went, 159 over something...but they told me it was high. After re checking, it was still in the 130's but that was better than before. I knew it would be high cause I was freaking out about being in the hospital.

Hospitals and I are not a good combo. Theres all the blood and creepy machines that beep and make noise and the fact that they can cut you open if they want to. ewww.  I knew that I wanted kids and the typical way to get them out was to go to the hospital. I would always tell myself that it wouldnt be for a while...and now that time has come. I guess a bonus to this experience is that I can get needles and blood tests done without crying as much or passing out. I still ask to lay down, but its not as bad as it used to be.

Tony came with me to this doctors appointment, and it was a good thing. We had lunch, went home, and he immediately sent me to bed. He would like me to be laying down all the time, and I shall try, but some things require sitting up like taking pictures of my new craft stuff. I tried taking pictures whilst lying on my side...lets say "beached whale"...ew. Those were quickly deleted.



My brand new box of blank cards for making baby announcements! YAY


New stamp set from Laura to make things prettier.


And lastly the new pretty washi masking tapes from etsy that came in the mail yesterday. I am planning some cute things and we shall see how it goes.

Due date is tomorrow (though it seems she will make a fashionably late appearance) and my induction date is set for the 21st if all blood tests and things come back ok. The vampires took 4 vials again today :P

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Only 4 ?... hmmm, they must have other victims to feed off.
Don't worry if something comes back wrong...they'll take more every other day until it's right ;)
Happy bed rest dear.
I recommend reading 20umpteen Erin Hunter cat books.
When I was on bed rest (in the hospital for 7 days before C ripped my crotch open on her way out) my sister played rummy with me nearly everday.
Don't forget to make your people bring you food!
xox

The above comment was nearly deleted by me.
I could now just title it 'what not to say to someone having thier first'.
Please forgive my evilness. Maybe I'd be the worst midwife ever?
At any rate, I love you.
I'll send you something pretty stat! Promise.
xoxox

Tams said...

oh man, this baby really wants to stay in! but from what i understand that is pretty common, especially with first babies? i hope she comes out soon, i can't imagine this waiting game is very fun :(

Miranda said...

ohhh that made me laugh. Ya, I am going to be asking for some books as I am almost done the time travelers wife.

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heidi said...

glad jennifer's comment made you laugh, i was just about to scold her for writing the part about her crotch being ripped open. (naughty cousin.)

how are you liking time traveler's wife?

Miranda said...

so far the book is really good. I am nearing the end and I dont want to cry yet, but I know I will soon. :( I will send Tony to get something chocolate to help with reading the sad part

Aria said...

Give me your book list and I will see what I can find (that is if I can get them to you before baby pops)

Shannon said...

baybeeeee come out!!

Jennifer said...

ok perinium...or whatever.

:)

Post a Comment