Wednesday, August 18, 2010

chalkboard paint!


I had been dying to use chalkboard paint lately. Before Sadie was born, I bought some and started to try it out. I used a can of it (would have preferred the paint kind, but they only had it in a can). Tony helped me tackle this project as I didn't want to inhale the fumes (even while outside). We actually used it on my ikea lack coffee table. It was just sitting there not being used really. 


This is the top of my table. This paint was so easy. I did 2 coats of paint, letting each coat dry for a day before doing the next. Then once its dry, you rub chalk all over it and then its ready to go.

It will be perfect for little girls to draw on or make crafts and whatever. I like to doodle on it. Oh what fun it would be to do a wall or door with it.

1 comment:

heidi said...

you are so creative, sometimes it makes me a tad envious.... :)

Post a Comment