Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ohh blog neglect :(

We've been pretty busy here the last few weeks. There were mid terms, physio appointments, doctor appointments, snow, and a weekend away in chilliwack.

Sadie had her 6 month doctor appointment last week. Tony and I took her. Shes 14.5 lbs. She roughly gains a lb a month. Doctor said its fine, shes on the same growth curve shes always been on. Shes still tall for her age, and I can tell. Shes grown out of all the 3-6 month onsies, and we are moving close to being able to wear 9 month ones. We did her shots like always. I sit down, not watching, Tony holds her fat little hams still and the doctor pricks her. She screams, and then cries, and the second one comes and she screams harder and wails. I hate shots. Through all those tears, she managed to smile at the doctor as she left. After the smile, the tears were back. Poor gal. So she calmed down as we left and we went to find Tony a toque at Oakridge Mall.


I liked this one kinda. Looks like a lumberjack. It actually fit him too. (In case you didn't know, he has a giant head)

In the end, he got this one. Its nice and stretchy and looked good. Why were we looking for a toque for him? Well, lucky boy gets to go skiing at Whistler for his friends bachelor party. Just a little jealous.

So we got home and I made a cup of tea and dunked my stroopie. It was delightful.

A few days after this, I had to take her to physio. Tony had grad photos during that time and it was snowing. I bundled Sadie up till she looked like a michelin man and out we went. I found out very quickly that strollers are not meant for snow. Not even a few inches. Oh I got quite the work out. I was sweating in all my winter clothes trying to push that stupid thing to the bus stop. It wasn't my easy close bus stop, it was a ways away. I was trying push that sucker forward with enough force to get er going, and at the same time be careful not to slide it near the road. Yay for un shovelled sidewalks. We managed to get to the appointment 10 min early. I am not one for being late for anything, so we left super early thankfully.

Shes doing well as far as her neck goes. She can now turn to the left 80 degrees instead of 45. Gotta work on getting her to do the last 10 and also work on how she tilts her head.

So then we spent the weekend in Chilliwack. Saw Harry Potter 7, decorated the house for Christmas, wrapped presents and went shopping. It was a busy good weekend. Next weekend I am alone with the baby. We do have plans to crochet with Larissa, and then I have plans on baking, cleaning and crafting some more. Gotta finish my ornament for the ornament exchange.

Ohh man, lots of stuff. I shall be getting back to posting regularly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment