Friday, December 02, 2011

Christmas DIY --- Advent Calendar

 Its a little late to start it, but its such a nice thing to have. I much prefer this to any cardboard calendar with cheapie chocolates. This year I used random scraps of stuff I had lying around to make this.
Supplies:
6 sheets of different coloured felt
Piece of material 20x30 inches
Thread
Sewing machine
Scissors
Pins
Glue gun
3M removable hooks to hang it from
24 little things for the pockets

 So I found an old flannel christmas sheet that was too small for our bed. I hacked cut it up and hemmed around the edges. Then I grabbed my felt and I was bad and eyeballed how big I needed the squares. Personally, I like that they aren't perfectly all the same.The average square is 3.5 inches and I left about half an inch inbetween them.

I pinned them up and got to sewing. Nothing fancy, but they will hold nicely.

 I'm just learning to sew, so the numbers intimidated me. I was too afraid to sew them on. I'll just say that I tried it out, and it looked like I closed my eyes and went full speed. I opted for my trusty glue gun.
We started a day late, but this means that we got 2 treats this morning instead of one. Sadie likes it so far.

Its kind of a girly calendar,  but that just means that I could make Lucas his own next year. I got Sadie a little people race car for the 24th, but its just a little too big to fit, so I am gonna stuff it in there on the 23rd.

What kinds of things have you been making for Christmas?




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

2 comments:

heidi said...

LOVE this!! my mom made a christmas tree shaped on when we were little and put chocolates in there. what did you put in the other squares?

Miranda said...

I put chocolates in all except the last one, it has little people race cars that will go in (they are too big and stick out).

Post a Comment