Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Results of the Manicotti

mmmmm baked pasta.


There were 4 cheeses even! Mozza, parm, ricotta and swiss that I had on hand. I was too hungry to make the plate look "pretty" and so there it is all kinda slopped on in its glory.

Tony approves on this vegetarian dish even. Shocking!

I found the recipe here. I didn't use as much sauce, I used a big can of Hunts rich and thick sauce and I didnt need as much filling, so I would half the filling amount in the recipe (I was also using cannaloni pasta noodles cause they were taking up space). I made 1.5 casserole dishes. (the tiny casserole dish has like 6 cannalonis in it, the big one I don't remember.

The tiny casserole dish is in the freezer for now. Its the best size for small lunch for us both. This big guy will be in the fridge with leftovers!

4 comments:

Aria said...

that looks so yummy. I want some now.

Miranda said...

not hard to make or assemble. You should try it

larissa bree said...

lookkksss so good!

Anonymous said...

Looks good Miranda.
I have tried to make the manicotti out of lasagna sheets that you can get at Superstore which is alot easier to roll up. Keep up the great work on cooking.

Post a Comment