Monday, July 25, 2011

[baby update] week 35

Ultrasound: It went rather well in my opinion. Babys head is so low though that she couldn't get a proper measurement of how big it is (not that it matters really), but she had to tilt the bed so my legs were higher than my head to see if he would move off of my cervix to get a measurement. No such luck.

Dr appointment: So thats where the interesting part happened. I explained that I had been feeling intense pressure lately. Like, it stops me in my tracks, and makes me feel like I need to lie down now to get his head off of my cervix. So I told her about this pressure (no pain or anything) and her eyes went like this o_0. So she said she wanted to check things out, and went on to talk about when we were going to take the stitch out.

Apparently they can take it out at the office, if its not too embedded. yay....(dont like thinking about the term "embedded") So after measuring the baby, and listening to his heart rate (which is all good), she poked around to see if she could find the knot of the cerclage stitch. That was not pleasant, but it does look a little embedded to her. Grrreat....

She explained that if its too embedded, they'll need to book me into the hospital in the next week or 2 to get it out with a spinal block in place. Not the things I wanted to hear. The last thing I wanted was another epidural procedure, and hospital time. So if it has to happen, it has to happen. I'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone if possible and see about just getting the c-section done at the same time then. That's something I've got to discuss with her though.


Feeling: not so happy. I really didnt like the news about the possibilities of 2 hospital visits in the last few weeks of this pregnancy. I'm now dreading my next appointment, and at the same time, I just want to get it over with. I'm also feeling a little more excited now, knowing that this guy only has 4 weeks max left to be a guest in my belly. I'd like to have my body back to myself, and be able to enjoy this little guy on the outside.

So that's all for this tired momma tonight.

-----------------
Previous baby updates:

[baby update] week 33
[baby update] week 31
[baby update] week 29
[baby update] week 27
[baby update] week 26
[baby update] week 25
[baby update] week 24
[baby update] week 22
[baby update] week 22 + Surgery
[baby update] week 21

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

5 comments:

carolyn and steve said...

You are so close!!!!! You look fabulous! THinking of you in these last few weeks.

amyschmamey said...

I'm so envious that you are so close to being done. :) You look great!

Miranda said...

aw thank you guys! I almost live in that dress when it gets slightly hot outside :)

heidi said...

you look adorable!

{eleise} said...

aw you're too cute!!

Post a Comment